Containing Delta 8 THC: Retain The Quality
Delta-8 THC is a naturally occurring cannabinoid. In the last few years, it has garnered quite a bit of popularity among scientists and weed enthusiasts alike.
Much like its not-so-distant cousin, Delta-9 THC, this compound can last pretty long in storage. However, that depends entirely on how you store it as a user.
Not to worry, though. Today we will share with you all of the necessary information about this compound’s shelf life. Alongside that, we will throw in a few useful tips on how to store Delta-8 properly.
How Long Does Effects Of Delta-8 Last?
Delta-9 is sensitive to environmental factors like oxygen, warmth, and sunlight. As such, when exposed to these conditions, it degrades quickly and loses its potency and aroma. Although Delta-8 is a variant of this compound, it has a different chemical composition.
Compared to Delta-9, Delta-8 has significantly better resistance to said degrading factors. Thus, it remains stable and enjoys a longer shelf life when compared to Delta-9 THC.
Nevertheless, remember that having a longer shelf life does not mean Delta-8 products will not expire. Like everything else with ingredients and components, Delta-8 THC can and will expire at some point. But you can rest assured all things being equal, it should still be useful and enjoyable for you within the first six to nine months of its manufacture date.
Store Delta 8: Tips & Factors
Although Delta-8 is more resistant to environmental factors, storing its products the right way is important if you would like them to last as long as they possibly can. Following the tips below, you can preserve the flavor, efficacy, and potency of the products for a longer time.
- Always Use the Classic “Cool, Dark Spot”
Keep Delta-8 products in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight to protect their THC content. A pantry, cabinet, or drawer will do just fine. Depending on the specific type of product you are trying to preserve, a fridge is also an excellent option.
The primary purpose is to protect your delta-8 supply from high temperatures and bright lights. This is especially important for edibles, like gummies, that are at risk of melting and ending up in a shapeless mess.
- Get Some Airtight Containers
Regardless, you should store your Delta-8 products in airtight containers, as doing so will slow down Delta-8 THC oxidation even further, increasing its shelf life. It will also keep the other ingredients used in the Delta-8 product fresh for as long as possible.
- Keep Them Away from Humidity or Moisture
Humidity and moisture are some of cannabis’ biggest enemies. A 2015 study by Boveda revealed that cannabis preserved with controlled humidity levels had 15% higher cannabinoids and terpenes than those stored without humidity control.
In the case of Delta-8, humidity can reduce its potency and turn it into a sticky mess. For that reason, it is best to avoid such conditions and keep your Delta-8 products in dark and cool spots. The kitchen, bathroom, and the car outside have humid and warm environments and should be avoided.
Can Expired Delta-8 Make Me Sick?
- Yes and no.
- Delta-8 is a natural compound that loses potency over time, but it does not go as bad as spoiled milk. Even if the product has expired, the Delta-8 content will not make you sick but will simply stop giving you the desired effects. So, you are safe in that regard.
- However, other ingredients in the product, such as oils, might turn rancid and negatively impact your health. With this being the case, it is simply best not to take any risks. Immediately when you notice your products have passed their expiry dates, throw them out and get fresh ones.
For How Long Can I Use My Delta-8 Vape Cartridges?
- Now, apart from the cartridge structure itself, a consistent buildup of sticky fluids in the device can cause it to leak and eventually get clogged. By properly preserving your Delta-8 in the cartridge, you can reduce the chances of it getting overly sticky and clogging up your cartridge.
- If, however, you still have clogging issues, then you might want to start by making sure your cartridge is always in a vertical position. Additionally, you want to take softer puffs and pull extra air with each puff. If that does not do it for you, try taking only a few puffs without activating the vaporizer. This can help unclog the cartridge’s airway for a smooth flow.
- Cleaning your cartridge’s mouthpiece with a toothpick is another effective way to restore the flow. Equally, you can use a safety pin or any other similar object that you can easily pass through the opening and rotate. Lastly, try preheating the cartridge before use.
- If you follow these tips, your vape cartridge can last up to two years without losing potency. However, if your cartridge’s expiry date is not that far away, it is better to consume it than to try and make it last longer than it should.
- Granted, an expired cartridge might not make you terribly sick. However, it will lose its potency and might taste bad.
What Is the Shelf Life of a Delta-8 Gummy?
- Like any other Delta-8 product, gummies can also last up to two years, depending on how well you store them. Not to worry, though. We doubt you will be able to resist the all-too-enticing flavors and effects of Delta-8 gummies for up to two years.
- In fact, most users usually consume them within the first three months. But, if you want to store your gummies longer, try not to exceed six to nine months, as that is when you can enjoy the optimal outcome.
- For periods longer than that, follow our preservation tips.
How to Know If Delta-8 Is No Longer Usable?
- Once Delta-8 goes bad, some noticeable changes let you know it is past redemption. Therefore, it is essential to notice these changes on time and put the stock away. Below are some of them:
- Loss of Potency
- Ineffectiveness is the most prominent sign of expired Delta-8. If you immediately notice you are not feeling the effects anymore, barring a tolerance buildup, you can conclude it has expired.
- When Delta-8 oxidizes and expires, it loses its original color, and it may get darker or duller. Just pay attention to discoloration of any type.
- Bad Smell
- After the expiry of Delta-8, its THC content starts to break down, giving it an unpleasant smell. Therefore, if you notice any odd smell, you will know it is no longer usable.
CONCLUSION: Maintain The Quality Of Delta 8 Hemp
- Delta-8 THC is an excellent compound that often tastes just as good as it feels. It is capable of giving you a mellow high that does not leave you feeling anxious or paranoid.
- If we had a huge stash of something like that, we would consider it a perfect gift from Mother Nature and would not want it to get spoiled right under our noses.
- Our guess is that you would not want this either. So, we have made a guide list for you. Keep our storage tips in mind, and you should have several months of Delta-8 THC to enjoy. Cheers!